Pages

Tuesday, September 09, 2008

The one with mere accident

Last week, I did my usual grocery at SM with Simone. As usual, we ate at Jollibee and saw a churchmate, Tita Miriam and I was shocked to see her with Plantar Fasciitis on her right foot. as in with all the two saklay on her sides. I thought she had a car accident as i know she drives or had a bad fall as i also know that she takes care of her three big boys alone because her husband is working abroad. When I asked her how she got it, I was more surprised to learn that it was all because of a Jollibee chair. An innocent Jollibee chair that was innocently kicked to be moved while they were making space to go out from the "usually-filled with people" restaurant. My goodness, who would have thought that an innocent eat out would turn to an accident that caused her so much stress and pain. Apparently, it was a wrong kick. Her pinky toe was broken and she had to be put in cast for almost two months. Man! and it was all because of the Jollibee chair.

After that, I was confronted with the fact that yes, there are really accidents and that these accidents are called as such because you really don't know how, where and when you will meet them. I mean, accidents from falling from a tree or pricking your finger with a needle or slipping on a wet floor are things that are most likely understandable should they happen, but being put in cast for moving a chair...mere accident. So please in everything we do, be very careful.

No comments: