Pages

Friday, October 03, 2008

The one with the wrong mommy

Last night, we had our monthly family dinner with our n@wie friends. Present were Con's family, Rhea's family, Jeng's family, Ayn's family, and my family. Ooops, sayang pala, i only brought ate maru and simone since Simon was'nt able to make it for the dinner but he was able to see con and ednel and porkchop at Starbucks while we were waiting for him and the traffic to be less annoying. hahaha.

We had fun as usual. Well, we were'nt able to talk mommy stuff last night but seeing the four kids and one not so kiddo anymore (hehe, ibim) it was such a pleasant sight. Funny though, our kids kept on hugging different legs (read: pata) thinking that it's his/her mom. Like Simone hugged Tita Con's leg, Joaquim almost went on my direction until he saw his mom on the other side. haha. And Simone hugged Tita Rhea's leg. hahaha. They will run towards the leg, hugged it tight and looked up and realized that "oops, she's not my mom!" and will instantly look for his/her mom. hahaha. cuteness! That's why I'm in constant denial that I don't need treadmills or bikes. I have my own group of mommies with biggie legs too. harharhar. I remember a same incident when i was 6 years old. I was so excited to see my mom come home from work and when it was dark already, I saw a lady walking towards our street and since i can't recognize if it was my mom, I just hurried to her and hugged her and said "mommy, pasalubong!" and when i looked up, she's not my mom. I ran towards home and cried in embarassment. hahaha. i will not forget that...never!

Although, of course, there are some unexpected incidents. Simone threw up after playing with her mouth. Bulimic? hehe. Joaquin slid and bang his head on the floor because of the milk that simone barfed. Joaquim had to warm up coz he just woke up but it was not that long, he was his own perky bibo self. And it was my first time to hear Andie cry. I know she does'nt cry often coz so happy baby yun, but she bang her head on a glass door, did'nt recognize that there was glass. But other than that, everything was sooo good!

See you again girls! Share the pics!

4 comments:

"Q" said...

Gosh mare, this also reminds me of my childhood experience. This time it was me tugging on a strangers pants. That was until I raised my head to see it wasn't my dad. I was about to cry too kaso di natuloy cause I saw my mom and dad in a corner smiling.

Marami palang bata nakakaranas nito hehehe

The Sweet Life said...

ang hirap ng working mom talaga ... i miss this kind of gatherings ... nakakawala yta ito ng stress sa office and of course I need friends din di ba ... pwede ba makisali dito?

carlamaldita said...

wow!n@wie get together! saya naman!

Jen said...

uy, sana makasali ako, but malayo kayo sa amin e. :)