Since we just moved, I'd like to share some practical tips on how you can be more efficient in moving.
1. Since we are moving to a smaller house, while packing, I already started segregating things in three categories: a) things that will be used at home b) things that are for selling or disposal c) things that can be used in the future but should be put in the storage room at the moment
2. It's good that we have a spacious storage room (basement) and all our things easily fit in there. But in order to be effective in storing items in the storage room, make sure that you properly label all boxes. I'm anxious about the rains and possible floods in the basement in the future, that's why i need to buy more plastic iBoxes for all our items.
3. Don't be too sentimental while packing and you won't be able to dispose things that are needed to be disposed. hahaha.
4. When I applied the 6-month rule in clothing segregation, I think i was able to half empty my cabinet. haha. The rule is simple. What you have'nt worn in 6 months or more, store it or dispose it immediately because chances are, you won't be able to use it again in the near future.
5. It's good to experiment on how you put furniture around the house. The log furniture like dining table fits perfectly in front of the ref and an arm length away from the kitchen. :)
Now that we're done with packing things, i hope we can move on with micro-managing thing at home like organizing my desk and the cabinets.