Pages

Monday, August 04, 2008

The one with Cinderella fever

So happy we watched it last Aug 2, the much-anticipated Cinderella play of none other than Lea Salonga. It's a shame that this is the first time I watched her, to think that people from all over the world have watched her and patronized her shows. And can i just say that i'm proud to be pinoy! world-class performance!

Honestly, was actually anticipating that Lea might not fit the role of cinderella, age-wise. But i was definitely found wrong. She fits cinderella just perfectly. i think that's one of the reasons why she's world-class, she's really a good actor. bravo! i love the orchestra. Since the husband is into music, i caught him a couple of times with smiles up to his ears because of the satisfaction and the amazement of hearing an orchestra live. He was simply blown away. I, on the other hand, was more into the script and the delivery of the lines, and of course the stage design. I loved their house, I loved the carriage, I wanted to use it to take me home. haha. Although I was not moved with the staircase design, it was not as grand as i expected it to be since major scenes in the play would have to be situated in the staircase. But overall, I loved the whole show. I loved the doubles, very well done, we really thought hard how and which part did she have the chance to change with her double. nicely done! I also loved the part where she changed from glamorous to rags and they used two doubles with different heights so the scene would execute a "diminishing glamour effect", you know the thing that you see when people transform from riches to rags, somehow they turn smaller and smaller, haha. I just loved the stepsisters, winner! and the fairy godmother with really huge you know, haha. of course, i dont have to tell you about the story, im sure we all know how it ended.

We went out with big smiles on our faces and bought a CD to take home more magical feeling with us. Congratulations to the production team for a job well done!

No comments: