Pages

Saturday, May 03, 2008

The Best thing about being a mom

Motherhood knows no boundaries...that's the best thing about being a mom.

Motherhood opens a woman's heart to love someone more than she can ever imagine, it gives strength to hurdles she thinks she cannot handle, and it gives her wisdom to follow the instincts of life. Yes, these are some of the most important lessons motherhood has taught me.

Being a mom is not just about changing diapers and waking up in the middle of the night, it's a nurturing experience. It's about the decision that I made to quit a very fulfilling job in order to spend more quality time with my child and watch her milestones unfold right before my eyes.

The best thing about being a mom...
...is learning that you can actually be selfless for your child, no matter how brat you once were.
...is being able to draw more strength than you actually need in order to show your your child when she's sick that she has to get well
...is getting a hug from your child. It assures you that you're doing the right thing.
...is seeing your child's smiles and giggles when you make silly jokes. You brighten up someone's day.
...is knowing and appreciating what my mother went through to raise me up and that I will try with all that I can to do the same for my own child.
...is seeing a part of you on your child.

I don't intend to be a perfect mom, because there will never be one. But every waking day, I offer my child to God and let Him take control of my life and direct me on how to be the best mom that i can be.
~0~
Official entry for Ging Lorenzo's contest.

No comments: